Hit songwriter Luan Parle has teamed up with Waltons New School of
Music to facilitate an exciting new concept in songwriting tuition with a
10-week online Collaborative Songcamp.
As well as being an acclaimed performing artist, songwriter and composer with numerous hits and accolades, Luan has extensive experience teaching songwriting to people
of all ages and has facilitated songwriting workshops for both IMRO (the
Irish Music Rights Organisation) and the Department of Education for a
number of years.
This online course can be taken by participants living anywhere in Ireland
or around the world.
Over the course of 10 weeks and 20 hours of songwriting tuition and collaboration, participants will:
• Receive an overview and reinforcement of all the key elements of successful songwriting, including song structures, themes & concepts, chord structures, chord sequences & chord progressions, approaches to lyric writing, melody and arrangement.
• Develop new songs and collaborate with like-minded fellow songwriters.
• Get practical songwriting advice from Luan, one of the finest songwriters on the Irish music scene.
• Develop the skills, knowledge and tools required to build a successful songwriting career and
• Expand their network of collaborators.
• Get first-hand insights into the life of a professional songwriter.
The course is designed for songwriters who have previously taken a songwriting course or workshop or who have already written the music and/or lyrics to one or more songs.
With a maximum of 12 participants, places are limited and are available on a first-come, first-served basis, based on the date of enrolment. Many of the New School’s courses fill in advance of their start dates, and early enrolment is recommended.
Course Schedule & Fee
10 weeks, 27 April – 30 June 2022
Wednesdays 6.30 – 8.30 pm, Irish Time
Tuition Fee: €300
See https://www.newschool.ie/collaborative-songcamp for more information.